Saturday, October 30, 2010

Art!

The hubby and I are going to Shrewsbury tonight to an art opening. Czepiel has a sculpture in a show! The show's focus is on cancer and its effects on women - how cancer touches our lives. Her piece is soooo good. I cannot wait! Hooray for another PV art teacher exhibiting work.

Tried sewing last night. I do not like using a needle threader unless really desperate. I use the right hand to thread the needle. It hurt like hell. My hand cramped up... I am dying to be outside gardening - deadheading, raking, covering the beds with a blanket of leaves for overwintering. I don't like to verbally complain about pain - I like to just "suck it up" and move on - but this is too much... Dying to work on some sculptures but can't....

I have decided to re-do my portfolios. I have two and the art is just piling up in them. So I will spruce them up - take out the education stuff, because I think when I am done teaching at PV, I am done teaching - and bring them in to show the Photo II and III. Then I have to add more to my Wordpress and complete a few more submissions that are due while I will be down in DC for Foto Week next weekend.

And can I just say how excited I am for Foto Week? Now I have the T1i and more toy cameras, and gosh, it is just so exciting!!!

No comments: