Friday, December 24, 2010

All set...

Spent last night watching The Nutcracker on PBS, drank egg nog before bed, wearing a fab holiday outfit for the Christmas Eve bash tonight at the parents' house. I won't be able to hold the fart machine aka Lucy because of the cold that will not quit.

Super delighted that all classes - except most of period 7 of course - worked with no arguments yesterday! I don't mind being in the minority of teachers not showing Christmas cartoons on the 23rd. I think the classes do want to be in the darkroom!

But I have to buckle under and get period 7 back on track. I let the little things like Scholastic and portfolios get the majority of the attention. First, I will be making sure those who don't work, get bothered by me wanting to have art discussions, so they will be bored into working! Then I am bringing in my DVD's of silent films to have students watch to get inspired. I should probably order a couple more over the break. If I find them inspiring, I am sure the students will too!

I will miss the students an awful lot but I need a break and Millie has been super twitchy lately and she needs some time with me and some love....

Time to go look up some stuff then read with the Mill-Mill....

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

No comments: