Saturday, May 15, 2010

So of course I gardened today. Just not at my house. Can it be that I have managed to get the lawn weeds under control this early in the season? Yikes! I helped the preggers sister garden at her house for a couple of hours. Then, later on, Gimpy sitting and some gardening at the parents' house.

Had a wonderful ending to a stressful week. The radio show went very well. Had listeners - and not all people who know me! The station guy loved my set! Hooray! I cannot wait to get back on the air. Hope I get a slot next year....

Had wonderful students working after school. Many people ask why I bother staying late/going in early when it is unpaid, but it is because the students like to. No one really knows I am there - I don't advertise it to the powers that be. And I will never get the recognition many of us deserve, but the students are thankful. Some things at work are just ridiculous - the politics, games, pettiness. A book on my list has truly enlightened me and I really have to just not let it get to me. Easier said than done. Receiving the Volunteer of the Year award for my Design Committee work in town made me real happy and at least in one area of my life my efforts are recognized. But then, there are few selfish, deceptive people where I volunteer. Unlike where I work. I will be volunteering again tomorrow and it will be ton of fun. There are times I want to do the guerrilla gardening, but I have to be careful about that. Make sure I weed only properties on Main Street where I know I will not get in trouble. I guess the only kind of criminal I can be is the type who tries to make things better on the sly... kind of Robin Hood-like? ;) But did Robin Hood have others in the wings looking to take all the credit? Ugh!

No comments: